Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nike SB "Skunks"

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Today for 4/20 there is another way to spend the "holiday" besides taking bong rips Nike SB has released some other "skunk" to cop today. Todd Bratrud has designed a Nike SB Dunk in limited supply today. The tongue features a pocket in the back which is a great stash spot for some people. The upper uses a variation of the color green throughout with purple accents. However, the most revealing design aspect of the shoe is the choice of a weathered, fuzzy suede used on the upper. The suede texture resembles that of a very famous plant’s buds. Finally, a bit of orange stitching highlights the design and brings out the “essence” of the green hue.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I was going to comment your blog to ask you if you knew about the marijuana inspired sneakers. A friend of mine posted a link of them on Facebook and I thought it was funny. Obviously I should've known you would already know about it. I think it's funny that they would design shoes resembling weed. I think the pocket on the inside of the tongue is a nice touch; and the orange stitching tops it all off. It's very witty. How much are the shoes? I'm not going to buy them, but I'm just wondering how much shoes are when they just come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is the funniest/coolest thing that I have ever seen! I can't believe that there are shoes that are inspired by weed and that are made for pot heads. I wonder if you will be subject to search by a cop were he to see you wearing these sneakers. Just imagine.. I mean the cop would know exactly where your "stash spot" would be. Where could I buy a pair of these? I think they are really cool and really unique.

    ReplyDelete